- Vast neolithic circle of deep shafts found near Stonehenge is the largest prehistoric structure ever found in Britain.
- Nabta Playa: the world’s first astronomical site was built in Africa and is older than Stonehenge.
- Statue of Albert Pike, Confederate general and a founding father of Scottish Rite Freemasonry, is toppled in Washington, D.C.
- Illinois’s Cahokia Mounds are open to visitors again after the coronavirus lockdown.
- The five craziest Bill Gates vaccine conspiracy theories.
- The anti-vax movement’s radical shift from crunch granola purists to far-right crusaders.
- Did the Greeks see themselves as white, black – or as something else altogether?
- Scientists have grown mini brains containing Neanderthal DNA.
- One fifth of Earth’s ocean floor is now mapped. Alternative headline: 80% of Earth’s ocean floor remains a mystery.
- Mysterious scars on Hawaiian shark could be sign of a giant squid attack.
- Giant squid weighing over 700 pounds washes up on beach.
- Trump signals he has ‘interesting’ details on Roswell, after his son asks him about aliens on podcast.
- Physicists reveal a lost eight billion light years of universe evolution.
- Image(s) of the Day: Rare solar eclipse darkens Asia on the summer solstice.
Quote of the Day:
Your heart is the size of an ocean. Go find yourself in its hidden depths.