To have as much wealth as Jeff Bezos currently has, you would have had to put $100 into savings each and every day since around 3,300,000 years ago (before the first human species arose). The system is broken.
- Why the hunt for alien life is pointless.
- Scientists eye the Martian underground in search for alien life.
- UFOs may be hazardous to your health.
- A threat unmet: former deputy assistant secretary of defense for intelligence in the Clinton and Bush administrations calls for more thorough government investigation of UFOs.
- How DMT switches the brain’s reality channel.
- This is what happens when you take 550 doses of LSD at once. Live camera feed!
- Woman plays violin during brain surgery to save her musical skills.
- Experts divided on ’tomb of Rome’s founding father’.
- Why has our cultural and technological progress stalled?
- A.I. just discovered a new antibiotic to kill the world’s nastiest bacteria.
- All those low cost satellites in orbit could be weaponised by hackers.
- Pioneering NASA mathematician Katherine Johnson, who inspired Oscar-nominated Hidden Figures film, has passed away aged 101.
- MIT team claims to have found the best way to deflect scary Earth-bound asteroids.
- Video of the Day: The size of asteroids, compared to New York City.
Quote of the Day:
Everyone can enjoy a life of luxurious leisure if the machine-produced wealth is shared, or most people can end up miserably poor if the machine-owners successfully lobby against wealth redistribution.