Folks, one of our writers, John Reppion, has gone through hell over the past couple of weeks – please join me in offering some support from the Grail family, if you’re able to.
- Wild ideas at the ‘Coachella of consciousness’: an annual conference on consciousness in the Arizona desert takes an anything-goes approach to some seriously wacky theories.
- Man who was unconscious for 8 days after being injured in car crash says he saw Jesus walking in a field in heaven.
- Your brain on meditation, according to neuroscience.
- The dark side of the orgasmic meditation company.
- How to spot a sketchy spiritual guru.
- New research provides further evidence that the human brain often just hears what it expects to hear.
- Here’s why seafood sometimes rains from the sky, as recently reported in China.
- Lost city discovered in Albania.
- The enduring mystery of the Ghent Altarpiece, the world’s most stolen painting.
- A startup raised $40 million to catapult rockets into space – an idea Jeff Bezos once said had ‘all sorts of practical problems’.
- Donald Trump wants a ‘Space Force’, but America already has one.
- Why can’t we go faster than the speed of light?
- Toy UFO taken off shelves for ‘teaching kids that Nazis achieved space travel‘. To be fair though, they kinda did?
- A cure for the common cold might be much closer than we realized.
- Is particle physics going nowhere fast?
Thanks to @JasonColavito.
Quote of the Day:
I happen to think that the singular evil of our time is prejudice. It is from this evil that all other evils grow and multiply. In almost everything I’ve written there is a thread of this: man’s seemingly palpable need to dislike someone other than himself.