Sorry for the late news – I can explain…
- Ceres: an ocean world in the asteroid belt.
- Amazon satellites add to astronomers’ worries about the night sky.
- Pew pew! Japanese satellite to use laser to rid space of dangerous debris.
- Related: Trapped beneath a shell of space debris – could the Kessler Syndrome explain why we haven’t heard from aliens?
- Raelians hold international online forum to discuss diplomatic protocols for extraterrestrial contact. Smart move, I’m not sure ‘take me to your leader’ is going to work out that well these days…
- Mysterious ‘fast radio burst‘ detected closer to Earth than ever before.
- Related: Fast radio bursts – natural phenomena or E.T. signal?
- New climate paper asks: should we just let Venice sink?
- DNA study reveals we have a mystery human ancestor.
- The secret to a long, healthy life is in the genes of the oldest humans alive.
- Forest fires are setting Chernobyl’s radiation free.
- Before death became a source of disgust and denial, Europeans cheerfully painted with and ingested human remains.
- Video of the Day: Orson Welles’s psychedelic 1973 adaptation of Plato’s timeless ‘allegory of the cave’.
Quote of the Day:
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.