- Why isn’t Close Encounters of the Third Kind considered Spielberg’s ultimate masterpiece? Because it kind of is.
- Infrared eyes on Enceladus: hints of fresh ice in northern hemisphere.
- Searching for biosignatures on white dwarf planets.
- Nearly two thirds of Europeans would consider becoming cyborgs.
- One of the favourites to be Trump’s supreme court nominee is affiliated with a Christian sect that served as an inspiration for The Handmaid’s Tale.
- It makes perfect sense that QAnon took off with women over the summer.
- QAnon conspiracy theory gaining ground in the U.K., analysis shows.
- Creepy clown frightens British town.
- High levels of ancient extreme Siberian nomadic violence discovered.
- The new, nicer Nero: Reassessing history’s most maligned ruler, notorious for fiddling while Rome burned.
- Video of the Day: Creeping through mazes, repelling adversaries – the slow motion smarts of slime moulds.
Quote of the Day:
I’m not crazy about reality, but it’s still the only place to get a decent meal.