Intermittent reminder that if you get something of value out of the Grail, please consider a $1/month ‘voluntary subscription’ via our Patreon to help pay for our time and effort (or you can give a one-off donation easily at PayPal.me/DailyGrail). Thanks!
- New research suggests there might not be a Planet Nine after all.
- Exoplanet that vanished may actually have been a giant dust cloud. Or possibly Alderaan…
- Astronomers may have captured the first-ever image of a planet around our solar system’s nearest neighbouring star.
- A new kind of physics? Stephen Wolfram has a radical plan to build the universe from dots and lines.
- Initiation to secrecy: unravelling the truth behind mystery schools.
- Three skeletons believed to be victims of medieval ritual killing unearthed in South Moravian castle.
- Gothic psychology, the ecological unconscious, and the re-enchantment of nature.
- Related: Nature’s spirits – on religious experience and ecological participation.
- Wellness influencers are spreading QAnon conspiracies about the coronavirus, with some even literally stealing a plot point verbatim from the 2011 movie Contagion.
- How dystopian narratives can incite real-world radicalism.
- How climate change is altering nature’s sonic landscape.
- This genius new type of solar energy cell can be used in windows.
- This grad student used a neural network to write his papers.
- Dogs and horses mimic each other’s expressions when playing together, suggesting to researchers there is a ‘universal language of play’.
- The origin of language in the brain is 20 million years older than we originally thought.
Thanks to @6uyDavi5.
Quote of the Day:
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals, and you know it.
Agent K, in ‘Men in Black’