Happy birthday to the great Jacques Vallée, 80 years young today!
- Ancient alien probes may hide on near-earth asteroids.
- Mysterious magnetic pulses discovered on Mars.
- Researcher urges use of microbes for space colonisation.
- Would humanity be transformed by bringing ‘The Overview Effect‘ to the masses through virtual reality?.
- 2 million people said they would ’storm Area 51’ – but only 150 turned up. Maybe they should have taken some henbane…
- Viking berserkers may have used henbane to induce a trance-like state.
- For a comprehensive look at the use of drugs in ancient cultures, be sure to grab a copy of Paul Devereux’s wonderful book The Long Trip: A Prehistory of Psychedelia.
- Archaeologists find evidence for a biblical siege of Jerusalem.
- Intense drought exposes 4000-year-old ’stonehenge’ in Spain.
- The dark tale of a Medieval witch-hunting manual.
- Why is the White House tweeting about Mothman?
- Would DNA databases make would-be criminals think twice?
- Artificial intelligence takes on earthquake prediction.
- The safest best for space settlers? Inside Mars’ moon Deimos.
- Roscosmos knows what caused the hole in the ISS, but won’t tell NASA.
Quote of the Day:
Instead of looking at the movie screen, what I want to do is to turn around and look the other way. When we look the other way what we see is a little hole at the top of the wall with some light coming out. That’s where I want to go. I want to steal the key to the projectionist’s booth, and then, when everybody has gone home, I want to break in.