Intermittent reminder that if you get something of value out of the Grail, please consider a $1/month ‘voluntary subscription’ via our Patreon to help pay for our time and effort (or you can give a one-off donation easily at PayPal.me/DailyGrail). Thanks!
- Storming Area 51: 200,000 people sign up to mass invade the famous Nevada ‘UFO’ base.
- ‘The boy who came back from heaven’ changed Christian publishing. It also tore a family apart.
- The man who taught us to believe in fairies: the 17th-century folkloric studies of Robert Kirk clashed with the scepticism of his contemporaries – but his spirit of wonder has been embraced by writers from Walter Scott to Phillip Pullman.
- Non-disclosure: President Trump still doesn’t give a damn about UFOs.
- Atira asteroids: strange family of space rocks circle close to the Sun.
- Could lab-grown brains develop consciousness.
- Scientists melted ancient ice and a worm frozen for 41,000 years came back to life.
- The Mechanical Turk: how a chess-playing hoax inspired real computers.
- What a deer-tooth necklace says about our Ice Age ancestors.
- The Dr Strange of the American Revolution.
- Could the recent Californian earthquakes set off the San Andreas fault?
- A pair of shipwrecked, WWII-era submarines just vanished from the sea near Malaysia.
- The bizarre ways America’s first spy agency tried to overthrow Hitler.
- Video of the Day: the sleep artist.
Quote of the Day:
Never think you’re better than anyone else, but don’t let anyone treat you like you’re worse than they are.