Before starting today’s news, an 8 second lesson in responding to outrage merchants…
- New evidence contradicts theory that Easter Island society collapsed.
- The vanishing city: archaeology and Burning Man.
- Two pilots saw a UFO. Why did the Air Force destroy the report?
- The mass UFO sighting that terrified city residents.
- Atlantis, aliens, and time warps: the enduring mystery of the Bermuda Triangle.
- Will we ever be able to freeze time?
- 700-year-old octagon-shaped tomb with a pyramid roof found in China.
- The nastiest feud in science: a Princeton geologist has endured decades of ridicule for arguing that the fifth extinction was caused not by an asteroid but by a series of colossal volcanic eruptions.
- Mysterious plant-like fossil may have been one of the earliest animals.
- Researchers discover the tiny brains of bees and wasps can recognise faces.
- The SuitX exoskeleton can give you crazy strength.
- The General is a robot: the world is stumbling toward a scary new era of autonomous lethal weapons.
- Weaponized information seeks a new target in cyberspace: your mind.
- Police investigating the death of a conspiracy theorist who vomited black fluid shortly before dying are now facing disciplinary proceedings.
- Image of the Day: The real pyramid mystery is how the two ladies in this 1920 photo are able to look so elegant after climbing 450 feet of large pyramid blocks…
Quote of the Day:
Never be afraid to laugh at yourself. After all, you could be missing out on the joke of the century.