Just two more days left in our January support drive! If you want this site to exist in the future, please consider supporting us on Patreon (for as little as $1/month), or with a one-off payment via PayPal or credit card using the form below .
All supporters go in the draw for some cool prizes – (more details here). Thanks for any assistance you can provide, every little bit helps keep us afloat!
- The Church of Satan believes sex robots could save our society.
- Hocus POTUS: you may not be able to control the government, but you can hex it.
- Language is a virus? Brain cells found to share information using virus-like capsules.
- New study says the Black Death wasn’t spread by rats – it was actually humans.
- Why a genius scientist thinks our consciousness originates at the quantum level.
- A scientist explores the mysteries of the gut-brain connection.
- Awake under anaesthesia: what can we learn from people who remain aware when they’re supposed to be under?
- Oprah Winfrey helped create an American fantasyland built on irrational, pseudoscientific theories.
- Frankenstein at 200 – why hasn’t Mary Shelley been given the respect she deserves?
- Renowned ethnobotany scholar Dale Pendell has passed away.
- Image(s) of the Day: the strange and beautiful ‘Earth pyramids’ of northern Italy.
Thanks to @AdamGorightly.
Quote of the Day:
Just leave a little offering; something that makes the world a little more beautiful. If we can get out without making the world worse, we have succeeded. That’s all we need to do, is find a way not to make things worse. That’s good enough. Add a little bit of beauty someplace.