- The most weird and wonderful stories of 2017.
- On the trail of a secret Pentagon UFO program: how the big New York Times UFO article came to be.
- Five reasons to be skeptical about that big UFO story.
- Dig deep: DARPA contest aims to take people underground.
- Neurotechnology, Elon Musk and the goal of human enhancement.
- Scan technique reveals secret writing in ancient mummy cases.
- Magical new 4500-year-old finds add to ‘oldest toy collection in the world’.
- Archaeology as blood sport: how an ancient mastodon ignited debate over humans’ arrival in North America.
- Did cranial deformation, as practiced by the ancient Maya, change or impair brain function?
- Woman who can smell Parkinson’s disease helps scientists develop early detection test.
- Weird year in review: the best weird news and oddities of 2017.
- Image of the Day: New Year’s morning at Callanish megaliths.
Quote of the Day:
I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You’re doing things you’ve never done before, and more importantly, you’re doing something.