Grail readers! Help us go to the next level in 2018 by chipping in a few dollars to our fundraising drive – and give yourself the chance to win some cool prizes in the process!
- Spontaneous human combustion? Man bursts into flames and dies while walking down London street.
- War over The Conjuring: the disturbing claims about the real-life demonologists behind a billion-dollar movie franchise.
- The Silver Bridge in Point Pleasant collapsed 50 years ago, after a series of bizarre Mothman sightings.
- ‘High-status’ portrait of 17th century ‘bearded woman’ brings dignity to a much-maligned medical condition.
- Worlds without end: radical changes in science at the end of the 19th century led many scientists to assert the reality of invisible realms.
- The origins of a monster hunter.
- Why you’re probably related to Nefertiti, Confucious, and Socrates.
- Sea level rise may be twice earlier estimates, dooming coastal cities.
- Robots are being used to deter homeless people from setting up camp in San Francisco.
- An analysis of the final words of inmates on death row.
- Has humanity peaked, and it’s all downhill from here?
- The ‘driverless’ car era began more than 90 years ago.
- Cells sense and explore their environment.
- Is this the solution to the ‘antibiotic apocalypse’?
- Get yo’ freak on, nature! Sex between snow monkeys and deer may be ‘new behavioural tradition’.
Thanks to @mjpcuervo.
Quote of the Day:
Our senses enable us to perceive only a minute portion of the outside world.