- Consciousness began when the gods stopped speaking: Julian Jaynes’ bicameral mind theory in the neuroscience age.
- New brain technologies could lead to terrifying invasions of privacy, warn scientists.
- The magic of multi-dimensional mushrooms – mycology expert Paul Stamets waxes lyrical on the Joe Rogan Experience.
- How big would an ‘alien megastructure’ have to be?
- Does Saturn’s moon Enceladus have a sandy core that heats its ocean via friction?
- When will Earth try and kill us again?
- Mysterious geomagnetic spike 3000 years ago challenges our understanding of Earth’s interior.
- Protecting Sudan’s ‘forgotten’ pyramids.
- Neolithic farmers co-existed with hunter-gatherers for centuries in Europe.
- Human arrivals wiped out the Caribbean’s giant ground sloths.
- Satellite images show mysterious ancient ruins of Nan Madol from a brand-new perspective.
- ‘Harmless’ radioactive cloud drifts over Europe following mysterious nuclear accident.
- Russian scientists take aim at paranormal TV shows.
- “I believe in fairies, and you should too“.
- Prehistoric, dinosaur-era shark with insane teeth found swimming off the coast of Portugal.
Quote of the Day:
Hate, in the long run, is about as nourishing as cyanide.