And I for one welcome our new AI overlords…
- Artificial Intelligence AlphaGo beats reigning world champion of the board game Go, 4 to 1. This is why it’s a big deal.
- Modeled after ants, these teams of six tiny robots can move a 2-ton car.
- Artificial intelligence isn’t just technology – it’s also a religion.
- Plants build sand armour to fight hungry animals.
- Researcher seeks participants for veridical NDE/OBE study.
- Artist turns sleep disorder nightmares into haunting photo series.
- Mathematicians have discovered something super freaky about prime numbers.
- Mysterious fairy circles now discovered in Australia’s desert.
- Oldest ancient-human DNA details dawn of Neanderthals.
- Man charged in shootings says Uber app took control of his mind.
- 90 metre deep hole opens up in back garden of house.
- New book chronicles the rise of Satan and the occult in pop culture.
- UFO movies: ‘Favorite’ vs ‘Best’.
- Scientists search for signatures of alien life hidden in gas.
- Two new studies investigate the hearing of voices in people without a mental health diagnosis.
- Great tits found to use the first non-human language shown to have syntax. Lots of men clicking through on that link…
- Digital afterlife: There are now 30 million dead people on Facebook…and at some point there will eventually be more dead Facebook users than living.
- Video of the Day: The First Martian.
Quote of the Day:
Since, in the long run, every planetary society will be endangered by impacts from space, every surviving civilization is obliged to become spacefaring — not because of exploratory or romantic zeal, but for the most practical reason imaginable: staying alive.