- What UFOs mean for why people don’t trust science.
- Minds in everything: Panpsychism takes hold in science.
- Would you like to play a game? The huge influence of the movie War Games on American national security policy.
- Virgin Galactic unveils new version of its SpaceShipTwo.
- Real estate tycoon and flying saucer believer Robert Bigelow will soon attach an inflatable space habitat to the International Space Station.
- NASA quickly dismisses news story that strange music heard by Apollo crew was kept secret.
- Kickstarter for for tin-foil hats successfully raises its £13,000 goal.
- Seas are rising way faster than any time in the past 2800 years.
- Sweet potato genes say that Polynesians, not Europeans, spread the tubers across the Pacific.
- Yesterday was George Washington’s birthday, even though his birth certificate says he was born on February 11. Here’s why: there are some days that never existed.
- A haunting mystery that remains unsolved: The Last Days of Peter Bergmann.
- A woman declared dead after she was hit by a police car on the motorway stunned medics by coming back to life in her body bag an hour later.
- Psychic archaeology: how to dig up the dead with their own advice.
- Psychic helped expose NYPD sergeant as an alleged child porn pervert.
- Alan Moore discusses the art of magic.
- Inside the LSD museum that the DEA somehow hasn’t torn to the ground.
- Image(s) of the Day: The Simpsons Tarot.
Quote of the Day:
Experts say the situation would then grow far worse in the 22nd century and beyond, likely requiring the abandonment of many coastal cities.
The findings are yet another indication that the stable climate in which human civilization has flourished for thousands of years, with a largely predictable ocean permitting the growth of great coastal cities, is coming to an end.