It’s that time of year where we unplug and enjoy some time off from TDG. There will be sporadic updates over the next couple of weeks, but don’t expect anything too regular. Merry Christmas to everyone and all the best for 2011!
- Archaeologists find shadowy human group in Siberia from 400,000 years ago; interbred with ancestors of today’s inhabitants of New Guinea.
- Futurology: the tricky art of knowing what will happen next. This guy did okay at it.
- Live forever…or at least have fun trying.
- Astronomers puzzled by the rare configuration of our local Galactic space.
- U.S. military in talks to share fireball data from secret satellites.
- New Zealand opens its UFO files.
- Rendlesham UFO was a U.S. cover-up of bungled Apollo space capsule move?
- A blue sunset on Mars.
- Giant Mars sinkholes revealed in sharp detail.
- Evidence that placebos work even if you tell people they’re taking placebos.
- This woman has no fear. Literally.
- Would there still be a psi debate if Pat Price was still alive?
- Nearly one in three Britons believe they have a Guardian Angel watching over them. Well, sort of…
- H.R. Giger back on board for Ridley Scott’s Alien prequel?
- When do we start forgetting our childhood?
- Bad Science: the year in nonsense.
- Contra Assange, Guardian says no UFOs in Wikileak documents.
- Life’s building blocks found on surprising meteorite.
- Scientists find massive geomagnetic spikes in the Middle East 3000 years ago.
- Prince Charles reflects on sacred geometry.
- The ten most interesting UFO books of 2010.
- Bereaved animals grieve – if their lifestyles allow it.
- Great Britain…you seem to be looking a little pale.
- I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe…
Quote of the Day:
Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.