Thanks to all who have become ‘voluntary subscribers’ to The Daily Grail. You are kind, kind folk…and you rock.
- Mexican archaeologists find long-sealed tunnel beneath the ruins of Teotihuacan.
- Was there such a thing as a triceratops? Scientists now say it may just have been the young version of the torosaurus.
- Snails have a homing instinct. Well sure, that’s easy when you’re wearing it on your back.
- Elon Musk, co-founder of PayPal and current CEO of SpaceX, says he’s going to retire to Mars.
- Earth may regenerate its iron heart.
- The next stage in evolution – a machine consciousness able to manipulate time and space – is just around the corner. Or is it behind that other corner we walked by 10 minutes ago?
- Sims, Suffering and God: Matrix theology and the problem of evil.
- Am I a simulation?
- The value of vertigo: understanding why people believe weird things.
- Remains of John the Baptist found?
- Religious leaders should be held accountable when their irrational ideas turn harmful. Does the same apply to ‘rational’ thinkers as well? You know, with nuclear weapons, biowarfare and the like…
- New documentary examines precognitive dreaming.
- This week’s Binnall of America podcast features Tony Kail discussing the Mexican ‘Patron Saint of Death’, Santa Muerte.
- Yo, Dr Dre’s gonna go all Kepler on yo ass with his music of the spheres project.
- Silent witness: Jill Tarter has dedicated her career to searching for ET.
- Artificial lifeforms evolve basic intelligence.
- Market data analysis shows the tracks of mysterious robot traders.
- A Martian bulls-eye, and the mystery mounds of Acidalia Planitia.
- Ten infamous islands of exile.
- Aristocrats and Demons: a real-life plot that sounds more like a Dan Brown novel.
- Forty billionaires give away half their wealth. Quick, someone point them towards the TDG Donations button!
Thanks RPJ, Kat and Cat.
Quote of the Day:
There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum.
Arthur C. Clarke