Kat couldn’t get to the news, so here’s a bunch of links I found under the couch…
- New quantum theory suggests that the future influences the past.
- And/or: new theory suggests that gravity emerges from quantum information. Heavy…
- The music of the (really, really big) spheres – Solar System harmonies. Would have brought a tear to Kepler’s eyes.
- Tourists flock to Jesus’ tomb in Kashmir.
- Richard Dawkins has lots of warm fuzzies for the Pope. Ah no, I got that wrong…he doesn’t seem to like him at all.
- National Geographic looks at Dr Hofmann’s potion, LSD. I formally submit my application as Explorer-in-Residence for this particular area.
- The war on WikiLeaks, and why it matters.
- Insects covered in water droplets = eye candy for you.
- SETI’s best chance: find the beacon. Or, have a chat to those mantises in the previous story…
- Alright, who’s going to clean up all this dangerous space debris?
- Magneto-bat steers by a built-in compass. Why does that sound like a LOLcat caption?
- Condition 1 weather in Antarctica is hot chocolate and a comfy chair time.
- This should help your kids learn their alphabet: an A to Z of Awesomeness.
- 10 crazy medical inventions that (thankfully) never caught on.
- The Drake Equation, or the Flake Equation?
Thanks to RPJ, and all my Twitter sources.
Quote of the Day:
Public Apathy Enables Leaders to Ignore Voters
Topic Heading in CIA paper hosted on Wikileaks