I’m pretty sure I only have half a brain…
- Though you might not like to do it, removing half of your brain will not significantly impact who you are. Perhaps more interesting is that people accept that fact without pondering what it means for the mind-brain question…
- European man found in ancient Chinese tomb.
- Spain may mount legal challenge for $500 million shipwreck treasure.
- Marijuana-like chemicals guide fetal brain cells.
- Vatican insider leaks news of extraterrestrial presence.
- TV ghost hunters search for a new member.
- I am the lizard king! Dissecting reptoid conspiracy theories.
- Essential tones of music rooted in human speech.
- Time releases its annual list of the 100 people shaping our world, and causes a scene by inviting Intelligent Design proponent Michael Behe to write the profile on Richard Dawkins.
- National Space Society Conference launches in Dallas. Alan Boyle has a more detailed look.
- Putting captchas to good use – computer users around the world help to digitise books.
- Babies can spot changes in language spoken by facial clues alone.
- Researchers show off virtual human in 4D.
- Definitive evidence found of swimming dinosaur. Or drowning.
- Magnets may make the brain stronger.
Quote of the Day:
The world is not to be narrowed till it will go into the understanding…but the understanding to be expanded and opened till it can take in the image of the world as it is in fact.