Too many books + Not enough time = large pile on my bedside table…
- Faces, faces everywhere. Why do we see faces on Mars and on cheese sandwiches?
- Is there a simple explanation for the Betty Hill ‘star map’?
- Betty Andreasson’s abduction a hoax, or just sour grapes from a spurned stepson?
- How’s your knowledge of UFO history? Test yourself guru.
- How’s your identification of UFOs? Don’t mix them up with airplanes.
- Robert Bigelow’s bigger vision for space.
- Behold, the eye of God (or Sauron).
- Spacecraft in solar orbit gives a glimpse of the South Pole of the Sun. Weather was “hot and sunny”, apparently.
- Ancient coin shows Cleopatra was no beauty.
- 1.8 million ancient manuscripts go online.
- Native American populations share gene signature with eastern Russians. Lucky this wasn’t discovered while McCarthy was around.
- Solving the mysteries of the origin of the Etruscan civilisation.
- Louvre staff go on strike over the stress of looking after the Mona Lisa. She is a high maintenance gal that one.
- Deep sea squid use flashes of light to disorient their prey.
- Moth eludes spiders by mimicking them. With link to video of the moth scaring a spider.
- Can females become sexually mature, just by looking at beefcake?
- The power of praise: giving props to your child’s intelligence has negative consequences, while praising effort is good.
- Military research leads to portable power from garbage. Great Scott! ‘Doc’ Emmett Brown was onto something Marty!
- Haptic glove will let you touch virtual fabrics.
- Vernor Vinge questions his own concept of ‘The Singularity’.
- The latest anti-terror squad: dolphins. Can’t be long now until “So long and thanks for all the fish”.
- Cancel doomsday: cheap oil to last, says author.
- Damning EU report on secret CIA kidnappings.
- Was the body of Che Guevara really found?
- Pwnage news – mobile license plate recognition allows police to scan 3000 cars an hour.
- Headline of the week for me: “St Valentine’s Day Sperm Massacre“.
Quote of the Day:
All you need in life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.