Torture now too huh? Excuse me while I boggle for a bit…
- Is there anybody out there? How the men from the ministry hid the hunt for UFOs.
- Has a little known British aerospace engineer designed an engine with no moving parts, using microwave radiation and the strange properties of relativity? Interesting anecdote about industry not wanting to know about it due to commercial interests as well.
- Yeti scholar one of 24 killed on downed helicopter in Nepal.
- Are scientists afraid of ghosts? An opinion piece by Deborah Blum, author of Ghost Hunters: William James and the Search for Scientific Proof of Life After Death (Amazon US).
- Space plane in test run for zero gravity surgery.
- Phil Plait goes toe-to-toe with bad astronomy.
- First rocket from New Mexico’s Spaceport America crashes in the desert. Seems to be a common occurence down in New Mexico.
- Astrobiology looks at a Faceless Cydonia.
- 9,500-year-old decorated skulls found in Syria.
- Debate rages over new Confucius image.
- TV to show corpse on a cross.
- New concepts for fighting poverty, disease and climate change are opening up.
- Reflections on Newton’s mythical revelation: After Einstein, after quantum physics, and after a harvest of revolutions in our grasp of the cosmos and consciousness alike, all that is solid seems to have melted into air. How can we really know that ripe apple will ever hit the turf? Michael Frayn’s The Human Touch: Our Part in the Creation of a Universe is available at Amazon US & UK.
- Study finds that human hands emit light. ET’s finger kicks our butt though.
- Tree rings offer hidden history of hurricanes.
- Survey points to unsafe levels of pesticide residues in food.
- Henrietta the chicken was living inconspicuously among 36,000 other birds at Brendle Farms for 18 months — until a foreman noticed she had four legs. Survival adaptation, or the Colonel’s own secret GM recipe?
- Pavements and car parks designed to purify water and store it in underground tanks?
- Tech expert says we may end up the pets of robots.
- Alex Jones accuses Google of censoring his videos.
Quote of the Day:
We are dealing with the best-educated generation in history. But they’ve got a brain dressed up with nowhere to go.