Apologies if you have a lisp…
- Were the Greeks 1400 years ahead of their time (well, we know that already – see Aristarchus of Samos)? More on the Antikythera device.
- Summer solstice celebrations set to descend on Stonehenge soon.
- Did cosmic radiation have something to do with the evolution of humans? It’s all a bit Fantastic Four isn’t it?
- The Great Zawass requests the temporary return of Queen Nefertiti’s bust (while continuing the campaign for a permanent return).
- Does KV63 in the Valley of the Kings hold Tut’s mummy? That is, Tut’s mum’s mummy?
- Fossils point to oldest life on Earth.
- The story of the Scottish Nostradamus – Thomas the Rhymer, and the Queen of the Fairies.
- World’s leggiest creature spotted again after eighty years.
- ‘UFO car‘ beams into history’s spotlight.
- More on yesterday’s story about scientists creating plasma clouds in the lab.
- Devil’s Canyon lures people for satanic rituals.
- Lots of big booms as demolition job begins the flooding of the massive Three Gorges dam in China.
- A peek into the mind of a genius – Albert Einstein’s brain was not only bigger than ours, it was a different shape. Perhaps that explains his hair…
- Worm-inspired robot crawls through intestines. Mmm, squirmy…
- New World Cup balls likely to do freaky things, predicts scientist.
- Who needs a full-size TV, when you can wear some goggles, plug in your iPod, and do the ironing at the same time?
- Scientists seek dolphins’ secrets of swimming to inspire new technologies.
- Gender bending could see the end of Australia’s cane toad problem.
- Special forces to use strap-on ‘stealth wings‘.
Quote of the Day:
The Bible tells us to be like God, and then on page after page it describes God as a mass murderer. This may be the single most important key to the political behavior of Western Civilization.
Robert Anton Wilson