We can’t stop here…this is bat country.
- Vatican archaeologists believe they have found the tomb of St Paul.
- Anthropology professor resigns after human origins data found to be fabricated and plagiarised.
- Emergence of Homo sapiens pushed back 35,000 years.
- Cosmic rays may reveal pre-Aztec tomb secrets.
- Robert Bauval returns from Holland, and gets set to leave for Egypt to work on his next book, Egypt Decoded.
- We may know more about the geography of the Moon than we do of our own ocean floor – with experts claiming 90% still a mystery.
- The dead speak in a new ‘augmented reality’ cemetary tour.
- NASA refutes Mars life claims.
- Meet the man who wants to build a space elevator.
- Do Moon measurements explain away ‘dark energy‘?
- Titan Rising: a detailed look at our newest space exploration success.
- Huygens detects geological activity on Titan.
- While Mars Express data suggests a frozen sea on Mars.
- Black holes are strange enough, but this one takes the cake.
- CSS Skywalker: the inflatable space resort being developed by Bigelow Aerospace (he of former NIDS support).
- Twelve extra-solar planets found in just the last four weeks.
- Another book about the rocket scientist who was immersed in the occult, Jack Parsons – Strange Angel (Amazon US and UK).
- A review of Aliens: Why They Are Here (released March 7th, pre-order from Amazon UK).
- Relax – UFOs are just a result of poor photography technique with video phones. Apparently.
- Our predilection for meat-eating has impacted on the evolution of the human body.
- UK mathematician aims to break Turing Barrier.
- All your plutonium are belong to us. UK nuclear plant ‘loses’ 30kg – enough for 6 nuclear weapons.
- Do we really think in words and sentences?
- Do you really make decisions, or does your unconscious guide you where it wants?
- Smart bombs change the face of modern war. Sorry, but nothing involved in war deserves the descriptive name of ‘smart’.
- Speaking of smart: bigger brains are not always better. Ignore this rule for other pieces of your anatomy.
- Not speaking of smart: scientists claim Bush administration is stifling the voice of science.
- New robots mimic human gait.
- Divided UN panel votes against all forms of human cloning.
- Vatican-linked university begins classes on satanism and black magic. About time Satan got some equal air time too…
- Randi’s newsletter this week is a special report devoted to Brazil’s ‘John of God’.
- Virginian man sets out to prove Bigfoot exists.
- Winnipeg building constructed with encoded clues.
Quote of the Day:
You can turn your back on a person, but, never turn your back on a drug. Especially when it’s waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye.
Hunter S. Thompson (Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas)