Come on over and check out our Da Vinci website, join in on the forums…
- Space.com’s image of the day: the astronomer’s dilemma…when you look so far back in time that the stars haven’t formed yet, what do you look for?
- Five designer babies created for stem cells. Make mine a Gucci thanks.
- The dispute over the infamous Patterson Bigfoot film. I know you can’t get enough of this, so here’s more.
- Obesity and high-blood pressure are becoming endemic.
- Ancient map confirmed by satellite images.
- NASA must transform to put men on Mars. I’m sure they meant to say humans. Or perhaps men are to Mars, women are to Venus?
- A day in the life of the Spirit rover. What do they tell the little fella when he asks when he’s coming home?
- Tuna and sharks a prime example of convergent evolution. If you believe in that sort of freaky stuff, personally I’ll take my chances with God creating the Earth a few thousand years ago (n.b. before starting those emails…that was a joke).
- NASA releases 180 degree view of Endurance Crater. Looks good.
- Archaeologists uncover oldest evidence of bedding. For a good night’s sleep, you just can’t beat a grass and clay mattress.
- Dr Richard Leakey suggests fencing in the Great Apes to save them from extinction.
- Laser technique may allow creation of devices within living cells. You have to follow the link just to see the cool image at the very least.
- Comet NEAT debuts in the Northern Hemisphere. That’s for sky-watchers, not an impact prediction…
- Uber-physicist Brian Greene tell you all about the Fabric of the Cosmos. If the article is interesting, make sure you check out his books THE FABRIC OF THE COSMOS (Amazon US and UK) and THE ELEGANT UNIVERSE (Amazon US and UK). There are not enough hours in the day to read everything cool out there…
- Giant ‘masks’ suggest ancient Maya flourished.
- Ghost hunters encounter some spirits at local pub. Insert punchline here.
- Houses of Pharaonic gold miners found near Red Sea.
- African lion roaming central Ohio? See also links in Heck’s blog and Sonicreducer’s blog. Thanks guys.
- Giant squid isn’t picky, and will mate blind, not caring if other squid is male or female. So bit like humans and nightclub closing time then.
- Builder survives nail gun incident. Trust me, check this one out…new meaning to ‘a pain in the neck’.
Quote of the Day:
Spirits and conjurations…gods, spheres, planes and many other things which may or may not exist. It is immaterial whether they exist or not. By doing certain things, certain results follow.