- Flesh of the Gods: the trippy history of magic mushrooms. If that topic interests you, you should definitely grab a copy of Paul Devereux’s The Long Trip: A prehistory of psychedelia.
- Radio astronomer and SETI pioneer Frank Drake – he of the eponymous ‘Drake Equation’, has passed away at 92.
- Related: the history, philosophy and techniques of SETI.
- Astronomers are freaking out over bizarre rectangle-shaped rings in space.
- The paradox of Fermi’s Paradox: the strangely blinkered views of the scientific community, the press, and mainstream America to the UAP phenomenon.
- Your electric car could run on crabs one day.
- University of Virginia research on near-death experiences investigates the possibilities between life and death.
- An Alexa seance: conversations with those who’ve died.
- Zuckerberg’s Meta is building AI that reads brainwaves. The reality, so far, is messy.
- The super-rich ‘preppers’ planning to save themselves from the apocalypse.
- Cognitive biases and brain biology help explain why facts don’t change minds.
Quote of the Day:
I never did give them hell. I just told the truth, and they thought it was hell.