Focus on the important stuff in today’s news briefs:
- Elon Musk’s brain implant company Neuralink approved by the FDA for in-human studies.
- Brain implants help paralysed man to walk again.
- Scientists may be able to put Mars-bound astronauts into ‘suspended animation’ using sound waves, mouse study suggests.
- Earth received an ‘alien’ transmission from Mars this week, meant to emulate a message from extraterrestrials.
- Brazilian researchers investigate ayahuasca as a treatment for depression.
- After an anti-vaccine figure dies suddenly, conspiracy theories abound.
- Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes, a regular on Alex Jones’ Infowars over the past decade, sentenced to 18 years for his part in January 6 Capitol riot.
- A fake climate change theory is going viral on TikTok after Joe Rogan talked about it.
- ‘Big Earth energy’: a new era of nature spirituality is here.
- ‘Groundhog Day’ syndrome made a man feel like he was reliving the same events.
- Humanoid robots are coming of age.
Quote of the Day:
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.