Here’s the Tuesday Grail news briefs…enjoy!
- Quantum biology could revolutionize our understanding of how life works.
- SETI researchers are simulating alien contact.
- Garry Nolan: A Stanford professor’s quest to resolve unidentified anomalous phenomena.
- Related: Professor Garry Nolan talks UFOs, ‘alien mummies’ and anomalous brain areas with Lex Fridman.
- Verified Twitter accounts spread AI-generated hoax of Pentagon explosion.
- Spanish Civil War soldier saw the world ‘backward’ after bullet pierced brain, historic case report reveals.
- AI company says it will perform a seance on your dead loved ones.
- Researchers believe they have filmed the supposedly extinct ivory-billed woodpecker using drones.
- Kambo – the controversial ancient Amazon healing ritual using frog poison that could kill you.
- Why do people believe the Earth is flat?
- 15 of the weirdest things we’ve launched into space.
- About a tenth of the human genome comes from viruses, and that viral DNA has played a crucial part in our evolution.
Quote of the Day:
I’d like to share a revelation that I’ve had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you’re not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You’re a plague and we are the cure.
Agent Smith, in ‘The Matrix’