- The mysterious dodecadhedrons of the Roman Empire.
- Related? The Skara Brae artefacts – who made them, and why?
- Tree rings hint that climate change contributed to the fall of the Hittite Empire.
- The Sonoran Desert toad can alter your mind — and it’s not the only animal.
- Elon Musk, Twitter, and the continuing downward spiral of conspiracy culture.
- OpenAI’s CEO is raising $100 million to scan every eyeball on Earth.
- Denmark’s mystery tremors caused by acoustic waves from unknown source, officials say.
- Fallen meteorites provided the perfect source of iron for the ancient Egyptians.
- Related: King Tut was buried with a dagger of ‘extraterrestrial origin’.
- Cosmic rays reveal hidden ancient burial chamber underneath Naples.
- Solar ‘superflares’ millions of times stronger than anything today may have sparked life on earth.
- NASA’s giant balloon crashes into the ocean and sinks. Does that make it a ‘transmedium craft’?
- Video of the Day: First ever full-sized scans of the Titanic reveal the wreck as never seen before.
Quote of the Day:
My dear Watson, I cannot agree with those who rank modesty among the virtues. To the logician all things should be seen exactly as they are, and to underestimate one’s self is as much a departure from truth as to exaggerate one’s own powers.
Sherlock Holmes (via Arthur Conan Doyle)