- Is Betelgeuse getting ready to explode?
- Long-extinct Tasmanian tiger may actually still be alive and prowling the wilderness, scientists claim.
- What happened to the Nazi treasure buried in this Dutch village?
- Israeli researchers create AI to translate ancient cuneiform Akkadian texts.
- Return of Benin Bronzes delayed after Nigerian president’s decree named a royal ruler as owner of all returned artefacts.
- The Axial Age: with the birth of rational thinking, what happened to imagination?
- OTOH: Why not scientism?
- Did Noah’s flood really happen?
- What does human meat taste like?
- Related: Forbidden flesh – an appetite never to be sated.
- We get our large noses from Neanderthals, new genetic analysis suggests.
- Why your thoughts may not be private for much longer.
- Mushrooms appear to have electrical ‘conversations’ after it rains.
Quote of the Day:
Fanaticism is a monster that pretends to be the child of religion.