Royally weird stories in today’s Grail news briefs…
- Museum exhibit shines a light on visit by ‘UFO’-like ship to Japan during the Edo period.
- Related: Does this Japanese story describe an encounter with a UFO?
- Why sleep paralysis makes you see ghosts.
- Also: ‘I wake up paralyzed in a living nightmare‘ – what it’s like to have sleep paralysis.
- How the perception of Ouija Boards has been shaped by their negative portrayal in popular culture.
- Astrobiologist narrows search for alien life to five planets by using a new set of criteria for identifying candidates.
- Ancient Minoan civilization may have used celestial ‘star path’ navigation techniques.
- We thought the first hunter-gatherers in Europe went missing during the last ice age. Now, ancient DNA analysis says otherwise.
- Why did this cop turn up dead? A heroic police officer rescued at least three people after the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, but came to believe officials weren’t telling the whole story. A year later, he was found shot in the head.
- Prince Harry says psychedelics are a ‘fundamental’ part of his life.
- Inside the lab that’s growing mushroom computers.
- Video of the Day: Five minutes of parasitic Cordyceps mushrooms talking through synths (possibly planning how to turn us into zombies).
Thanks to @email@example.com.
Quote of the Day:
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.