You’ve worked hard all week – time to put the tools down and enjoy the Friday news briefs!
- Hidden chamber in the Great Pyramid revealed to the world.
- The body electric: We are formed by more than DNA – meet the bioelectric code.
- Related: This researcher has cracked the bioelectric code of the body and learned to reprogram it.
- Time existed before the Big Bang – time is fundamental, space is not.
- Return of the magician: why we are seeing so many attempts to link magic to science.
- Atlantis and the apocalypse: the world of fringe archaeology.
- A 24/7 Twitch stream of AI-generated celebrities is even weirder than it seems: it’s run by a group that has been called a ‘cult’ and ‘pseudo-religion’.
- OpenAI is now everything it promised not to be: corporate, closed-source, and for-profit.
- SEC interview describes UFO-obsessed entrepreneur Joe Firmage’s ventures as being in disarray.
- King Kong turns 90 – the greatest monster film ever made.
- Svalbard Global Seed Vault celebrates 15th year with a historic deposit.
- Okay, deep breath, a lot to unpack in this one: Man found carrying around an 800-year-old mummified corpse in a food delivery bag in Peru which he claimed was his ‘spiritual girlfriend’ despite the fact that the body is actually that of a male.
Quote of the Day:
When I do good I feel good. When I do bad I feel bad. That’s my religion.