- Move over, Bruce Willis: NASA just crashed a spacecraft into an asteroid to test planetary defense.
- What’s with the UFO on a US intelligence agency seal that has since been retracted as “an unofficial and incorrect logo”?
- Hidden hieroglyphics suggest Tutankhamun’s burial chamber may contain door to Nefertiti’s tomb.
- Ancient Maya cities are heavily contaminated with mercury.
- Microscopic swimming robots have successfully cleared pneumonia from the lungs of mice.
- Talking to whales: can AI bridge the chasm between our consciousness and other animals? You really sure you’re ready to have that conversation humanity?!
- Just how smart are raccoons? They’re probably masterminds, a new study finds.
- Psychedelics face corrupting influence of financial interests as their use as medicine is increasingly recognized.
- New abiogenesis theory challenges widely-accepted argument about alien life on Earth-like planets.
- A mysterious sea drone washed up on a beach in Crimea.
- Video of the Day: Hitting a moving bullseye 7 million miles away with a DART.
Quote of the Day:
My colleagues and I remain fascinated by the story of how a pre-industrial society, 1000-2000 years ago, in the tropical forests of Central America, were using mercury in such a way that its chemical signature has persisted in the environment until today.