If you’re a science fiction writer and you can’t come up with a plot from the first five news brief headlines today, what are you even doing…
- ‘Alien obelisk‘ found on Australian farmland likely SpaceX space junk that fell from the sky.
- Meanwhile: mysterious metallic orb falls on Mexico.
- Big green meteors seem to be raining down on New Zealand, but why?
- Authorities investigate after mysterious, massive sinkhole appears in Chile.
- Earth just mysteriously spun faster, causing the shortest day ever recorded.
- The 2,000-year-old Scottish ‘skyscrapers’ still puzzling archaeologists.
- Have scholars finally deciphered a mysterious ancient script?
- What the animal kingdom meant to ancient societies.
- A new private Moon race kicks off soon. I’m old enough to remember when everyone knew that letting corporations take over space would be a bad thing…
- The Sun is now more active than NASA predicted. It could be in its strongest cycle since records began.
- We are the aliens.
- The ‘overview effect‘ is another reason to speed up space exploration.
- Related: The Overview Effect.
Quote of the Day:
In an act of collective self-delusion, we have convinced ourselves that animals could not possibly have what we have: a meaningful inner world.