What does an A.I. think it looks like?
- The promise and terror of Artificial Intelligence (A.I.).
- DeepMind A.I. cracks ‘knot’ conjecture that bedeviled mathematicians for decades.
- A.I. discovers 17 psychedelic compounds.
- Is the 32ft-long apocalyptic ‘Earth’s black box‘ sheer catastrophism?
- Related: Beyond the Apocalypse – the true message of the Georgia Guidestones.
- Remains of three Denisovans and one Neanderthal are uncovered together in a Siberian cave dating back 200,000 years.
- China ‘modified’ the weather as Communist party marked centenary in Beijing.
- New brain maps can predict behaviours.
- Jupiter’s moon Europa becomes the next target of NASA’s search for extraterrestrial life.
- Military interest in the Moon is ramping up.
- Zombies and voodoo: the living dead religion of modern Haiti.
- Why quantum physicists should address the philosophical questions raised by the field instead of just calculating.
- Image of the Day: T. Rex in a Xmas jumper. You’re welcome.
Quote of the Day:
It is customary to offer a grain of comfort, in the form of a statement that some peculiarly human characteristic could never be imitated by a machine. I cannot offer any such comfort, for I believe that no such bounds can be set.
Alan Turing (1951)