- COVID has created a perfect storm for fringe science.
- From monks to existentialists and hipsters, the search for a true self has been a centuries-long project. Should we give it up?
- How 3D scanning is reinventing paleoanthropology.
- New discoveries in Saqqara’s ancient tombs are rewriting Egyptian history.
- What triangular patterns on rocks may reveal about human ancestors.
- Fingerprint from 5000 years ago found in Orkney.
- Going to the Moon and Mars: how will astronauts’ brains be affected?
- Mars has the right ingredients for present-day microbial life beneath its surface, study finds.
- NASA and partners are planning to launch an interstellar probe to travel much deeper into interstellar space.
- Image-generation algorithms are regurgitating the same sexist, racist ideas that exist on the internet.
- A new CRISPR tool flips genes on and off like a light switch.
- Image of the Day: Just a robot on another planet photobombing an image taken by a flying robot on another planet, no big deal.
Quote of the Day:
The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
Gustave Le Bon