- Ice Age mining camp rich in treasures ‘frozen in time’ found in underwater cave.
- As the Earth’s ice melts, large numbers of perfectly preserved ancient artefacts are being revealed. But time is running out and ‘glacial archaeologists’ are racing to find these fragile treasures
- Neanderthals and humans were at war for over 100,000 years, evidence shows.
- In a Tibetan cave, Australian archaeologists find evidence of a mysterious ancestor.
- One of Dracula’s often overlooked inspirations is the Hindu spirit known as the vetala.
- Why do we see dead people?
- How many alien civilisations are out there? A new galactic survey holds a clue.
- Doubts over a ‘possible sign of life’ on Venus show how science works.
- Brain cell DNA refolds itself to aid memory recall.
- Crashed Dutch metro train caught by whale tail.
- Image of the Day: Earth, photographed from Mars.
Quote of the Day:
All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.