- First Denisovan DNA outside Siberia puts the mysterious archaic humans on the Tibetan Plateau from 100,000 to 60,000 years ago.
- The Giant’s Causeway – where geology blends with mythology.
- James Randi did good things…but he was no ‘prince of reason’.
- James Randi and the horror of the skeptic movement.
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX says it will “make its own laws on Mars“.
- We’re safe from Skynet for now: Soccer match ruined when AI-controlled camera mistakes referee’s bald head for the ball.
- If a robot is conscious, is it okay to turn it off? The moral implications of building true A.I.
- Transplantation of schizophrenia via gut microbiome.
- A spiritual emergency can be wild – this is how to ride the wave.
- The science behind why people claim to see ghosts.
- The mystery of the platypus deepens with the discovery of its biofluorescent fur.
- Video of the Day: In a remote town near Area 51, UFO believers and locals contemplate the beyond.
Quote of the Day:
When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it – always.