- The COVID-19 pandemic is changing our dreams.
- Animals’ magnetic ‘sixth’ sense may come from bacteria, new paper suggests.
- Mysterious drone incursions have occurred over U.S. anti-ballistic missile battery in Guam.
- NUFORC data shows increase in reported UFO sightings began well before pandemic shutdowns.
- September 14 UFO sighting over New Jersey explained.
- A CRISPR baby future? New report outlines path to human germline editing.
- Meet a bee with a very big brain.
- Is the Mozart Effect a real thing?
- Satellite images show deterioration of Antarctica glaciers that could lead to rising sea levels.
- Meanwhile, at the opposite end of the planet, a huge chunk of Greenland’s ice cap has broken off.
- On the trail of the Knights Templar and Holy Grail in western Poland.
- The dark side of smart.
- Video of the Day: A handful of executives control the ‘attention economy’. Time for attentive resistance.
Quote of the Day:
Bad actors can now manipulate large swaths of people to do anything you want. And we compound the problem. We curate our lives around this perceived sense of perfection, because we get rewarded in these short-term signals — hearts, likes, thumbs up — and we conflate that with value and we conflate it with truth. And instead, what it is is fake, brittle popularity that’s short-term and leaves you even more, admit it, vacant and empty before you did it…
…Think about that, compounded by 2 billion people.
Chamath Palihapitiya (former vice-president of user growth at Facebook)