- As reported here on the Grail yesterday: scientists have officially announced that they have found a gas linked to life in the atmosphere of Venus.
- Venus: will private firms win the race to the fiery planet?
- Baffling interstellar object ‘Oumuamua could be a ‘dust bunny’.
- Physicist says the entire universe might be a neural network.
- Math shows how famed Indus Valley civilisation may have been toppled by climate change.
- Believing in monsters: David Livingstone Smith on the subhuman.
- Scientists ‘zoom in’ on dark matter, revealing the invisible skeleton of the universe.
- The fate of Schrödinger’s Cat probably isn’t in the hands of gravity.
- QAnon spreads across the globe, shadowing COVID-19.
- The paradox of articulation: are you excavating existing ideas, or do your thoughts come into being as you speak?
- A new theory of Western civilisation.
- Eerily well-preserved 17th century ship found in the dark waters of the Baltic Sea.
Quote of the Day:
With the arrival of humans, it has been said, the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all.