- Mars is a second-rate second-Earth backup plan.
- The closest images ever taken of the Sun have revealed a never-before-seen stellar phenomenon dubbed ‘campfires’.
- What is an individual? To recognize strange extraterrestrial life and solve biological mysteries on this planet, scientists are searching for an objective definition for life’s basic units.
- Scientists find an earthquake’s toll in an organism’s DNA.
- The greatest journey of all time: how the first Americans made their way from Siberia to Patagonia.
- Stonehenge tunnel decision delayed for four months by last month’s stunning archaeological find in the area.
- Hyksos ‘invasion’ of ancient Egypt may actually have been an immigrant uprising.
- The fringe theories long attached to UNESCO sites.
- Most experts blame a 2017 chemical attack on the Syrian regime. But an emeritus MIT professor remains stubbornly unconvinced.
- This scientist spends his time predicting the end of the world. Wouldn’t have much spare time these days I’m thinking…
- Ready or not, inexpensive VR sex is going mainstream.
- Google launches hieroglyphics translator powered by AI.
- Indigenous group apologises after accidentally blowing up mining corporation’s headquarters. (Pitch perfect satire, in response to this story.)
Quote of the Day:
Their intention to rule rests with the annihilation of consciousness. We have been lulled into a trance. They have made us indifferent to ourselves, to others. We are focused only on our own gain. Please understand. They are safe as long as they are not discovered. That is their primary method of survival. Keep us asleep, keep us selfish, keep us sedated.
from John Carpenter’s ‘They Live’