- As permafrost melts it’s unleashing ancient viruses and fuel spills.
- Genetically modified mosquitoes could be released in Texas and Florida beginning this summer.
- The Great Filter is a civilization-scale event or circumstance that prevents a species from colonizing space or ever meeting other beings. Is the coronavirus our practice run?
- Related: The Great Filter – why finding alien life would be a horrible thing for humanity.
- China’s giant radio telescope will start searching for aliens in September.
- ‘Oumuamua might be a giant interstellar hydrogen iceberg.
- Physicist proposes a pretty depressing explanation for why we never see aliens.
- Confirmation of Proxima Centauri c?
- Einstein’s lost hypothesis.
- What has been causing ships to sail in circles? Eddies in the space-time continuum?
- Santa Fe millionaire Forrest Fenn says the treasure he hid in the Rocky Mountains has been found.
- Scientists thought this Egyptian mummy was a bird, but the truth was something sadder.
- Face of 7,500-year-old woman reveals Gibraltar’s earliest humans.
Quote of the Day:
It’s the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine.