Maybe other timelines are working out better than this one…
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX successfully launches rocket carrying astronauts bound for the ISS.
- A historic docking, 250 miles above Earth.
- Should NASA prepare for viruses from outer space?
- Snakestones: The myth, magic, and science of ammonites.
- Spain’s mysterious mummies: for years, the origins of the Guanches have been a mystery, with some people speculating they could have been descendants of Atlanteans.
- Women with Neanderthal gene have increased fertility, study suggests.
- Monkeys attack lab technician and steal coronavirus-positive blood samples. Never a good sign when news stories are like the beginning of four post-apocalyptic sci-fi movies got mashed together.
- Mice on acid: to get a legal hallucinogen to market, rodents need to take the first trip.
- Psychedelic drugs could help treat the mental health epidemic we’ll face after coronavirus.
- A £339 ‘anti-5G’ USB key turns out to be a standard 128MB USB key with a sticker on it.
- Scientists have identified features on the seafloor that indicate the ice edge of Antarctica was reversing at rates of up to 50 metres a day at the end of the last ice age.
- Earth’s tectonic plates could be one billion years older than we thought.
- Microsoft ‘to replace journalists with robots‘.
- Fact-checking the Bill Gates ‘microchip’ conspiracy theory.
Thanks to Steven and @UnlikelyWorlds.
Quote of the Day:
When our days become dreary with low-hovering clouds and our nights become darker than a thousand midnights, we will know that we are living in the creative turmoil of a genuine civilization struggling to be born.
Martin Luther King Jr