- Is A.I. already conscious?
- Don’t regulate artificial intelligence: starve it.
- The Tunguska event may have been caused by an iron asteroid that entered the Earth’s atmosphere and then bounced back into space.
- Astronomers say rocky planets orbiting dead stars may be ideal for search for alien life.
- Elon Musk is going to help shoot Tom Cruise into space. Look, if we’re making a list, I’ve got a few in the queue before Tom okay?
- Japan Defense Ministry to draft UFO protocols in response to US footage.
- Kevin Day, radar operator on the guided missile cruiser Princeton in November 2004, discusses how the ‘Nimitz UFO encounter’ unfolded, and what effect it has had on those involved.
- The Holocaust survivors who had ‘psychic’ experiences, and the man who documented them.
- One billion people will live in insufferable heat within 50 years, study suggests.
- Welcome to Armageddon: Meet the city behind the biblical story
- In 1847 the Choctaw people sent $170 to help the Irish during the potato famine. Donors in Ireland are citing that gesture after raising millions of dollars to help two tribes during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Arrows of time: tracing our evolving understanding of time through a history of observations in culture, physics, timekeeping and biology.
- Evidence of ancient rivers spotted on Mars.
- Why mammals like elephants and armadillos get drunk easily.
- Video of the Day: Bioluminescent dolphins!
Quote of the Day:
Every step in human progress, from the first feeble stirrings in the abyss of time, has been opposed by the great majority of men. Every valuable thing that has been added to the store of man’s possessions has been derided by them when it was new, and destroyed by them when they had power. They have fought every new truth ever heard of, and they have killed every truth-seeker who got into their hands.