- An MIT lab is building devices to hack your dreams.
- Engines of life: how nanotechnology will revolutionise medical science.
- ‘Oumuamua is not an alien spaceship, but might be a shard of a broken planet, new study reveals.
- Homo galacticus: how space will shape the humans of the future.
- Pilot’s rare trip around Area 51 includes pics of range targets, drone bases, UFO legends.
- Little Mexican town terrorized by…a werewolf?
- Prehistoric Lego: Aerial images show that ancient creators of Stonehenge used holes and studs to slot slabs into each other. (Which anyone who has visited the site knew already)
- The long and complicated history of why there are 360 degrees in a circle.
- How we learned to love Neanderthals…and a lot of other hominids, too.
- Psilocybin mushrooms are making a comeback.
- Therminator: Rise of the Machines – Drones take Italians’ temperature and issue fines.
- Video of the Day: Stunning footage of Mont-Saint Michel in France becoming an island due to super high tides in 2015.
Quote of the Day:
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.
Frank Herbert (‘Dune’)