- Researcher discovers early complex brain surgery in ancient Greece.
- Monuments depicting Olmec ‘Descent of the grandfather’ myth and the rise of Mayan writing found in Guatemala.
- Was Alexander the Great entombed in Venice in disguise as St Mark?
- A comet may have destroyed this Palaeolithic village 12,800 years ago.
- It came from outside our solar system, and now it’s breaking up.
- NASA funds giant radio telescope concept on far side of the moon.
- Strange noises in the sky heard in Argentina, Slovakia, the US, and Brazil.
- Does time really flow? New clues come from a century-old approach to math.
- The secret life of plants: how they memorise, communicate, problem solve and socialise.
- The far-right helped create the world’s most powerful facial recognition technology.
- Hydroxychloroquine: how an unproven drug became Trump’s coronavirus ‘miracle cure’.
- 5G conspiracy theorists are using fears about the coronavirus to make money.
- Scientists translate coronavirus spike protein into music, revealing details that microscopes couldn’t.
Quote of the Day:
I guess I just process death differently than some folks. Realizing you’re not going to see that person again is always the most difficult part about it. But that feeling settles, and then you are glad you had that person in your life.