- The world’s first cyborgs: Humanity’s next evolutionary phase is here.
- Related: The coming era of post-biological evolution.
- How a new AI translated brain activity to speech with 97 percent accuracy.
- We have the power to destroy ourselves without the wisdom to ensure that we don’t.
- Chernobyl radiation levels spike as forest fires rage.
- NASA’s plan for a lunar ‘Base Camp’.
- We are wayfinders: Navigation and spatial awareness sustained humans for tens of thousands of years. Have we lost the trail in modern times?
- Fossil angels: reinventing the arte of magick as the magic of art.
- Faeries at the bottom of the garden: non-human intelligence and connection to nature.
- Complex societies gave birth to big gods, not the other way around.
- World’s oldest human DNA found in 800,00-year-old tooth of cannibal.
- Ira ‘the Unicorn’ Einhorn, ’70s paranormal researcher and convicted murderer, has died in prison at age 79.
- The Woods Hole lab where mysteries of the deep are solved.
- Image of the Day: Jupiter haze, all in my brain.
Quote of the Day:
One day, you will perish. You will lie with the rest of your kind in the dirt…your dreams forgotten, the horrors you faced. Your bones will turn to sand. And upon that sand, a new god will walk. One that will never die. Because this world doesn’t belong to you, or the people who came before. It belongs to someone who is yet to come.
Dolores, in ‘Westworld’