A whole lot of space in today’s news briefs…
- Life on the planet Mercury? It’s not completely nuts.
- The search for E.T. goes on hold, for now.
- Theoretical physicist claims Tic-Tac UFO was a time traveller.
- Just three orbiting black holes can break time-reversal symmetry, physicists find. The word ‘just’ is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that headline…
- The true impact of SpaceX’s Starlink Constellation on astronomy is coming into focus.
- Astronomers think they’ve found the edge of the Milky Way galaxy.
- Scientists find a superconductor in bits of meteorite.
- NASA plans to fight COVID-19 using supercomputers.
- Squids’ gene-editing superpowers may unlock human cures.
- Taking animal sentience seriously
- A new expedition to the Andes has found mice living atop a 22,000 foot volcano — making them the world’s highest-dwelling mammals.
- Turning back the clock on ageing cells.
- The brain reshapes our malleable senses to fit the world.
- How ghosts nearly ruined the Foo Fighters’ 10th album.
Thanks to @AnomalistNews.
Quote of the Day:
Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
Martin Luther King, Jr.