A note to our supporters on Patreon: if in these strange and troubled times you need to stop supporting us, we fully understand and thank you sincerely for everything you’ve done for us!
- Diamond samples in Canada reveal size of lost continent.
- Worship of this Egyptian goddess spread from Egypt to England.
- Curse of the Bermuda Triangle.
- There’s a conspiracy theory that the CIA invented the term ‘conspiracy theory’.
- The magical revival and right wing paganism.
- Darkness, not cold, likely responsible for dinosaur-killing extinction.
- Diverse genomes open new window into human history.
- It looks like that interstellar comet came all the way to our Solar System to die.
- Baby brains and consciousness: a code we can’t seem to crack.
- Psychobiotics: using bacteria to boost your brain.
- Quasar tsunamis rip through space.
- NASA: bad news, something came up, gotta rain-check that moon trip :((
- A new map of the Milky Way.
- There are striking similarities in the way bacteria and humans settle into colonies.
- N95 mask shortage is a horrific manifestation of America’s crazy ‘defense’ priorities.
- Paying the price of science denialism… again.
- After the Coronavirus the world will never be the same. But maybe, it can be better?
Quote of the Day:
There is this school of journalism around conspiracy theories that is really snarky and is basically like, what I call the “Look at This Crazy Asshole” school of writing about conspiracy theories. I always say that we can actually replace that with a more culturally confident reading of conspiracy theories where we actually understand what they do for some people.