- WHO declares the coronavirus outbreak a pandemic.
- Why large gatherings are being cancelled everywhere right now: we need to flatten the curve.
- Secret U.S. intelligence report: America is unprepared for a global pandemic.
- In better news: UK man becomes second person cured of HIV.
- Want to do good science? Admit you’re not objective.
- From UFO to spy plane: an answer to some UFO encounters?
- Elon Musk wants to build a new starship every 72 hours so that he can colonise Mars.
- A reminder: This 1949 science fiction novel by legendary rocket scientist Wernher von Braun names the leader of Martian civilisation as…”Elon”.
- Astronauts are growing new organs on the International Space Station. (Not as ‘Fantastic Four’ as the headline makes it sound…)
- Astronomers have observed a distant planet where it rains iron.
- Something strange is going on with the North Star.
- Smallest dinosaur found trapped in amber.
- Student discovers 5000-year-old sword hidden in Venetian monastery.
- Did German physicists accidentally discover dark matter in 2014?
- The behaviour of a single-celled organism may have unravelled the biggest mystery of the universe.
Quote of the Day:
The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy