Be ready for anything in today’s news…
- Investigating Homo floresiensis (‘The Hobbit’) and the myth of the ebu gogo.
- Giant facial piercings found on 12,000-year-old face.
- We might have been wrong about the mysterious ‘lost civilisation’ of Cahokia.
- When did the universe wake up?
- Study reveals 14% of all massive stars are on collision course – and the results are weird.
- AI will probably trick us into thinking we found aliens.
- Who built this city? Underground Derinkuyu, and the rock churches of Göreme
- The contrarian who cures cancers.
- The new coronavirus: a very 2020 epidemic. New diseases are mirrors that reflect how a society works — and where it fails.
- 5-MeO-DMT: the 20-minute psychoactive toad experience that’s transforming lives.
- Ancient Egypt’s City of the Dead: amulets, sarcophagi, and priestly tombs of the god Thoth.
- Low-fi hacking: guy creates Google Maps ’traffic jams’ by carrying 99 cell phones.
Quote of the Day:
To aspire to be superhuman is a most discreditable admission that you lack the guts, the wit, the moderating judgment to be successfully and consummately human.