- Talk like an Egyptian: Hear a 3000-year-old Egyptian mummy ’talk’, using a 3d-printed vocal tract.
- Mysterious footprints indicate Neanderthals climbed a volcano right after it erupted.
- Archaeologists document colourful 12,000-year-old inscription in South Sinai.
- Extreme heat of Vesuvius eruption turned a man’s brain to ‘glass’.
- British Air Force’s ‘X-Files’ of reported UFO sightings are to be published for the first time online.
- Here’s the logo for Trump’s Space Force, and it looks awfully familiar.
- SpaceX is about to launch a historic mission with actual people on board their Crew Dragon spaceship.
- While India prepares to send half-humanoid robot on a mission to the Moon.
- Injured knee? Send in the microbots.
- Secrets of math from the bee whisperer.
- Ghost panic grips village in Thailand.
- Image of the Day: Black hole, visualised.
Thanks to Helge, Frank, Carolyn, Holly and Gregory for your support!
Quote of the Day:
I’d like to thank *all* the gods, because I don’t think it’s a good time to be pissing any of them off.
Danny Carey (Grammy acceptance speech, 2020)