It’s the last Grail news briefs of the 2010s! We hope your New Year’s celebrations can be measured on the David Lynch scale…
- Alone in a crowded Milky Way: Even a galaxy teeming with star-hopping alien civilizations should still harbor isolated, unvisited worlds—and Earth might be among them.
- The year UFOs became a little more legit.
- 2010s = 1984: The decade we finally understood Orwell.
- Alex Jones and InfoWars ordered to pay $100,000 in court costs for Sandy Hook case.
- There are real-life ghostbusters at Edinburgh University who investigate hauntings and psychokinesis.
- Antiques Roadshow expert drinks 180-year-old urine, rusty nails and a human hair after mistaking liquid for port.
- Vast Maya palace discovered by archaeologists in Mexico.
- Hurricanes, climate change, and the decline of the Maya.
- Chinese scientist who edited babies’ genes jailed for three years.
- Also: China quietly confirms birth of third gene-edited baby.
- A new study shows an animal’s lifespan is written in the DNA. For humans, it’s 38 years.
- Syd Mead, the legendary artist and futurist designer who contributed to Blade Runner and Alien among other things, has passed away at 86.
- Image of the Day: Fight Club, Australian style.
Quote of the Day:
Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering, ‘It will be happier’.
Alfred Lord Tennyson