It’s official: cats think cats are creepy A.F.…
- More than 140 new Nazca Lines discovered.
- Why do we know so little about the Druids?
- Invasion, rather than volcanic eruption and tsunami, now seen as the most likely reason for the destruction of Minoan civilization.
- Climate-related drought now seen as being the force behind the collapse of the mighty Assyrian Empire.
- Experts crack the mystery of ancient Egypt’s 6 million mummified ibises.
- “There’s a network of invisible filaments across the universe, creating a previously unknown order to all the galaxies: Small ones are aligned with it, while big ones flip & turn sideways.” Wait, what?!
- Astronaut hibernation pods ‘actually not so crazy’, says scientist.
- NASA scientists confirm water vapour on Europa.
- The first map of Saturn’s moon Titan revealed some tantalising features.
- Earth’s magnetic song recorded for the first time during a solar storm.
- What America lost when it lost the bison.
- The Flat Earth conspiracy is spreading around the globe. Does it hide a darker core?
- Image(s) of the Day: The ancient rock fortress of Sigiriya in Sri Lanka.
Quote of the Day:
If we care about having a meaningful world in which to lead meaningful lives then we should all try harder to reinvest our environments with the meaning that belligerent materialism has sucked out of them.